FrederickPolls, solutions to understanding and managing public opinion
WHAT WE DO
Polling is becoming more challenging with each election cycle. Low response rates, high costs, and limited means of accessing voters are both driving up the cost and making accurate and actionable results more difficult.
FrederickPolls is continually adapting to this challenge.
For most polls, we use a hybrid methodology mixing both live caller telephone interviews and online interviews taken on smartphones via cell text invites. This provides the best mix of respondents by age, education level, ethnicity and geography.
- Online panel polls for statewide or national.
- 100% live caller telephone interviews with bilingual callers.
Working with the campaign or client team, we predetermine what the key demographics in the poll sample should be and set the proper interviewing quotas plus back end modeling to make sure our poll sample accurately reflects the actual electorate by factors such as: party, gender, age, race and geography.
In today’s challenging polling environment, accurate modelling and controlling sample quotas is the key to good, accurate and usable polling.
Relevant and Innovative Message Testing
The most important purpose of campaign or public affairs polling is to develop a winning message. To work correctly, this message must be: credible, relevant to the voters, and superior to the opponent’s in the real-world competitive environment. Messages that work best tell stories, evoke emotions, or align with voters’ cultural views and aspirations for their country, state, or community.
Target Persuasion and Turnout Universe
Our polls provide input to develop the accurate target universe that will produce a win and, where necessary, the grid of different messages against target audiences to guide paid communications in the most efficient and effective way.
About Keith Frederick
Keith Frederick has over 40 years’ experience as one of America’s leading pollsters and message experts.
Keith Frederick began his professional polling career in 1979 working with Democratic pollster pioneer, Bill Hamilton. This firm, one of three founding national Democratic polling operations, helped invent modern campaign polling working in Congressional, Senate and Gubernatorial races throughout the country.
In 1984, Keith became a partner in the expanded firm of Hamilton, Frederick & Schneiders where he continued to be the lead on all Florida clients, most Southern state races, and the growing number of public policy clients such as AARP, the American Association of Railroads, and National Association of Home Builders — who were starting to apply the techniques of political campaigns to public policy challenges.
Frederick Schneiders Research spun off in 1989 and began to grow a large political polling and public affairs practice that included polling in over 25 Congressional and statewide races in 1994 prior to the firm being bought out by Washington, DC’s largest government relations and public affairs company, Cassidy & Associates in early 1995.
Through 1999, running one of Cassidy’s primary divisions, Keith continued to service and expand the client list of political races in Florida, Louisiana, Virginia and Maine while developing public policy polling expertise in subject areas such as: growth politics, energy, financial services, transportation, health care, immigration and telecommunications. In 2000, Keith began his 20+ year journey building FrederickPolls, LLC into an innovative, high personal service polling consultant business.
In addition to continued political client and ballot issue successes in states of concentration – Colorado, Florida, Maine and Texas – long-term public affairs clients have included: Credit Union National Association, National Rural Electric Cooperatives, Duke Energy, Black Hills Energy, Altria, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, and the Maine Chamber of Commerce.
Keith also served as Chairman of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in the early and mid-2000’s helping to relocate the Expos to the Washington area and was a long-time volunteer at the Father McKenna Center in Washington, DC serving homeless men.
In 2019, Keith helped found COMPETE DIGITAL to bring the expertise and transparency of Silicon Valley digital ad buying to Democratic campaigns. (COMPETE Digital) He currently resides in Utah. Personal interests include rowing, mountain & road biking, hiking, skiing, fly fishing, trail running and ice skating.
Recent Clients and Projects
- Jacksonville Mayor Donna Keegan
- Tampa Mayor Jane Castor
- St. Petersburg Mayor Ken Welch
- Palm Beach County: Affordable Housing Bond
- St. Johns County: Infrastructure Ballot
- Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried
- Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony
- Orange-Osceola State Attorney Monique H. Worrell
- Miami Mayor Francis Suarez
- Ft. Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis
- Hillsborough County: Harry Cohen
- Pinellas County: Pat Gerard
- Miami Beach Ballot: Smith & Wollensky Lease Renewal
- Miami Beach Ballot: 2 AM Alcohol Ban
- City of Miami Ballot: Biscayne Marina Lease
- City of Miami Ballot: Jungle Island Redevelopment
- Coral Gables City Elections
- Doral City Elections
- Hialeah City Elections
- Miami-Dade County Mayor: Alex Penelas
- Florida Congressional District 20 Democratic Primary (IE)
- Sarasota City Elections
- Aspen City Ballot: Parks and Recreation
- Aspen City Ballot: Short-Term Rental Tax
- Aurora Public School District
- NO on Prop. 119
- Cherry Creek Schools Bond and Mil Levy Ballot (2020)
- Aurora School District Bond and Mil Levy Ballot (2018)
- Wiggins School District Bond and Mil Levy Ballot (2020)
- East Grand School District Bond and Mil Levy Ballot (2020)
- Douglas County Schools: Board Politics
- Pueblo Ballot: Electric Franchise and Transportation District
- Congressman Ed Perlmutter: CD7
- Fountain Creek Watershed District
- Urban Drainage and Flood Control District
- Berthoud Library
- Denver Mayor’s Race (IE)
- Aspen City Ballot: Wheeler Opera House Funding
- Glenwood Springs Ballot: Infrastructure and Fire District
- Cañon City: Electric Franchise
- Harris County: Lone Star Project
- Ft. Worth: Councilmember Elizabeth Beck
- Texas HD108: Yasmin Simon
- Texas HD34: Abel Herrero
- Texas HD74: Eddie Morales
- Texas CD30 (IE)
- Texas CD34 (IE)
- International Pilots Association
- National Rural Electric Co-Ops
- Oakland A’s Ballpark
- Washington County (OR) District Attorney
- Virginia: Higher Education and Business Council
- Georgia: Early Education Alliance for Readiness (GEARS)
- Maine Chamber: Statewide Tax Ballot Issues
Congressional Districts and I.E.’s (2020 + 2022)
- North Carolina 5th
- Massachusetts: 1st and 4th
- New Jersey 3rd
- New Mexico 2nd
- Nevada: 1st, 3rd and 4th
- New Hampshire: 1st and 2nd
- Georgia 2nd
- Virginia 2nd
- Tennessee 5th
- Nevada Statewide
- New Hampshire Statewide
- New York Statewide
- Wisconsin Statement
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Statewide Polls
- New York
- North Dakota